The following course in Business Communication is provided in its entirety by Atlantic International University’s “Open Access Initiative” which strives to make knowledge and education readily available to those seeking advancement regardless of their socio-economic situation, location or other previously limiting factors. The University’s Open Courses are free and do not require any purchase or registration, they are open to the public.
Objectives for Business Communication:
- By the end of this course, students should be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate the use of basic and advanced proper writing techniques that today’s technology demands, including anticipating audience reaction,
- Write effective and concise letters and memos,
- Prepare informal and formal reports,
- Proofread and edit copies of business correspondence.
- Use career skills that are needed to succeed, such as using ethical tools, working collaboratively, observing business etiquette, and resolving workplace conflicts,
- Plan successfully for and participate in meetings and conduct proper techniques in telephone usage,
- Use e-mail effectively and efficiently,
- Develop interpersonal skills that contribute to effective and satisfying personal, social and professional relationships, and
- Utilize electronic presentation software.
Course Description for Business Communication:
This course is designed to give students a comprehensive view of communication, its scope and importance in business, and the role of communication in establishing a favorable outside the firm environment, as well as an effective internal communications program. The various types of business communication media are covered. This course also develops an awareness of the importance of succinct written expression to modern business communication. Many of the assignments are to be keyboarded.
Course Content, Lessons, and Tests: Business Communication(Open)
The lessons and topics for this course are provided in audio and video format. A test will follow the conclusion of each lesson to verify the concepts covered have been learned.
Review of Topics and Lessons: Business Communication (Open)
A outline of the topics covered in this course is provided in video format.